What Information We Collect
The types of information that we collect fall under two general categories: personally identifiable information and usage data. Personally identifiable information consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas usage data consists of aggregate information or any information collected automatically from your device (e.g., smartphone, tablet) or your web browser. In connection with your use of the Site and Services, we may collect the following personally identifiable information about you: name, mailing address, email address, phone number, billing information, username, password, and photos, videos and other content you provide. We may also collect the following usage data from you: IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of click, and information on how you interact with our Site and Services and unaffiliated websites. In certain instances usage data may be considered personally identifiable information, and where required by applicable law, it will be treated as such.
The following section describes how your personally identifiable information and usage data are collected by us, and how we use such information.
Why and How We May Collect Personally Identifiable Information And Usage Data
We may use information about you:
1. for our everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your customer account, responding to your enquiries, providing products and Services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
2. to provide information about our business and offer our products or Services to you and products and services of others that we think you may find of interest;
3. to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
4. to enable you to interact with KidKraft and our affiliates through our message boards, blogs and social media;
5. to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and Services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, Services and, this Site, and any other websites we may have and soliciting your feedback through e-mail communications, telephone calls, and/or focus groups;
6. to tailor our offerings to your personal interests and the manner in which you interact with us;
7. to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis; and
8. to comply with legal recommendations, applicable legal requirements and our policies and practices. We may also use information in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of collection to the extent required by law or this notice. As permitted by applicable law, we may use usage data for any permissible purpose without notice to you.
We also note the following details regarding how we process your information:
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by KidKraft, Inc. and analytics service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregate basis.
• Log Files. Any time you visit any of our Site, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyse trends, administer the Site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of our Site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally.
• Web Beacons. “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our Site for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in e-mail communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers. We do not link the web beacons to any personally identifiable information.
• Purchase Information. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and credit card information. Such personally identifiable information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your personally identifiable information for that purpose.
• E-mails And Telephone Calls. We require an e-mail address from you when you register for our Services. We use your e-mail for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation, refund and renewal processing) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. E-mail messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional e-mails from us, please see the section below labelled Opt-Out of Our Email Communications. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may need to send you certain service-related communications relating to KidKraft goods and Services, such as product recall information. In accordance with applicable law, we may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us) solely in connection with KidKraft’s Services. If you would rather not continue to receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may change or delete your number from your account preferences page(s) or ask to be removed from our contact list by contacting us as detailed below, making the request during any telephone call, or sending "STOP" to any text message received from us.
• Online Survey Data. We may periodically conduct voluntary surveys. We encourage our visitors to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our Site or Services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any personally identifiable information, and all responses are anonymous.
• Public Forums. KidKraft participates in discussion boards, such as blogspot.com. Any personally identifiable information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution, particularly with respect to you posting about children, when deciding to disclose any personally identifiable information. Please consult the community guidelines for each discussion board when posting comments on them.
Disclosure Of Your Information To Third Parties
• Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process, such as a subpoena (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend KidKraft’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
• Disclosure To Trusted Third Parties By Us. We may share your non-personally identifiable information with third parties, in a manner that would not reveal your identity. We may share your personally identifiable information, sometimes in conjunction with your non-personally identifiable information, with service providers that may be associated with us to perform functions on our behalf. For example, outsourced EDI (electronic data interchange) representatives may need access to your information to perform Services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize. In addition, from time to time, we may share personally identifiable information (such as e-mail or mailing address) about our user base with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our users.
As required by applicable law, if you do not wish to receive offers from our trusted partners, please opt out by clicking below: Please do not share personally identifiable information about me with KidKraft's trusted partners for their direct marketing purposes.
• Information Transferred As a Result of Sale of Business. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your information may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your information may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your information is collected or used.
• Countries where Information May Be Disclosed. To the extent that KidKraft discloses any information to Trusted Third Parties, they will likely be in the United States of America. KidKraft operates in numerous jurisdictions and will disclose as required by law in any jurisdiction where such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or any legal process.
We do not target our Services to children under the age of 13, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any personally identifiable information we may receive from users we have actual knowledge to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database.
We have appropriate security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information stored in our database. These measures include the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) during administrative access to site data, as well as other proprietary security measures which are applied to all repositories and transfers of information. We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence to the extent permitted by applicable law, accepts no liability for any unintentional disclosure. If you have any reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us as detailed below.
Links to or Access from Other Sites
Opt-Out of Our Email Marketing Communications
You may use the following options to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and newsletters from us.
1. Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the e-mail;
2. Send mail to the following postal address letting us know which promotional emails you wish to opt-out of:
3. For any Services that allow you to control which e-mails you receive, go to the email settings page from your account home page, and un-check the undesired promotions.
Online Behavioral Advertising
We may use (through third parties on unaffiliated websites) and authorize third parties to use on our Site and Services, cookies, tags and similar technologies for us and our unaffiliated trusted partners to provide you advertising that may be of interest to you. Please visit the Network Advertising Initiative's or the Digital Advertising Alliance's or the settings on your device for more information and how to opt-out of certain tracking for such purposes. Please note that even if you opt-out such technology, you may continue to receive advertisements, they just will not be tailored to your interests.
"Do Not Track" Signals
Our Site is not currently configured to honor “Do Not Track” signals from web browsers.
Updating Your Personally Identifiable Information
KidKraft provides users the following options for accessing, deleting, changing and modifying personally identifiable information previously submitted. We will respond to your request to access personally identifiable information within 30 days.
1. For any Services where you have an account page, you may change your credit card (if applicable),
e-mail address, password and other information from the account settings or preferences page; or
2. You can send email or mail using the contact information listed below, providing us with your account information and letting us know what personally identifiable information you wish to update.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services please contact us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Please include the nature of your question or complaint, the country in which you are located, and an email address for contact purposes. KidKraft will review and provide a response in ten (10) business days after the receipt.