KidKraft Privacy and Cookies Policy
KidKraft Inc. and its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates (“KidKraft”) understand and respect your concerns about privacy, and we are committed to providing you with a rewarding and safe experience without regard to the manner in which you conduct business with us.
What Information We Collect
The types of information that we collect fall under two general categories: personal information and usage data. “Personal Information” consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, and usage data consists of information collected automatically from your device (e.g., smartphone, tablet) or your web browser. In connection with your use of the Site and Services, we may collect the following Personal Information about you: name, mailing address, email address, phone number, billing information, username, password, and photos, videos and other content you provide. We may also collect the following usage data from you: IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks, and information on how you interact with our Site and Services and unaffiliated websites. In certain instances, usage data may be considered Personal Information.
Sources of Information Collected about You
KidKraft may obtain Personal Information about you and your usage data from the following categories of sources: directly from you, automatically when you use the Site, from social media and from third parties.
Information Collected Directly from You
We collect information directly from you when you provide it to us, for example when you make a purchase on our website, create an account, join our Gift Registry, participate in a special event, program, survey, sweepstakes or contest or any other promotion contests, engage with us on our various social media platforms, participate in our surveys, send us any feedback, questions, comments, or interact with us in any way. We use your Personal Information to provide information about our business and offer our products or Services to you and products and services of others that we think you may find of interest. Set forth below are details of information we collect from you in certain contexts and our purposes for collecting that information.
- Purchase Information. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and credit card information. Such Personal Information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your Personal Information for that purpose.
- Account Registration and Email/Phone Promotions. We require an e-mail address from you when you register for our Services. We use your e-mail for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation, refund and renewal processing) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. E-mail messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including, whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional e-mails from us, please see the section below labelled Opt-Out of Our Email Communications. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may need to send you certain service-related communications relating to KidKraft goods and Services, such as product recall information. In accordance with applicable law, we may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us) solely in connection with KidKraft’s Services. If you would rather not continue to receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may change or delete your number from your account preferences page(s) or ask to be removed from our contact list by contacting us as detailed below, making the request during any telephone call, or sending "STOP" to any text message received from us.
- Online Survey Data. We may periodically conduct voluntary surveys. If you participate, you may be asked to provide your name, contact information, information about your purchase history on our Site or other sites, and other details about your experience with the KidKraft Site and Services. We encourage our visitors to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our Site or Services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any Personal Information, and all responses are anonymous.
- Public Forums. KidKraft participates in discussion boards, such as blogspot.com and YouTube. Any Personal Information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution, particularly with respect to you posting about children, when deciding to disclose any personally identifiable information. Please consult the community guidelines for each discussion board when posting comments on them.
Information Collected Automatically and Cookies
When you navigate our Site, we collect certain Internet or other electronic network activity information to help us understand your usage of the Site, including through cookies or similar technologies. For example, each time you visit the Site, we may automatically collect technical and navigational information, such as browser type, device type, device ID, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, pages visited, average time spent on our Site, searches performed on our Site, and information about your interactions with our advertisements. Such automatic data collection technologies include but are not limited to the following:
- Web beacons. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). We do not link the web beacons to any Personal Information.
- Log Files. Any time you visit our Site, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyze trends, administer the Site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This provides useful information on which parts of our Site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregate basis.
We also allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our Website or use our mobile app(s). These companies may collect non-personal information (e.g., subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, browser type, etc.) via a cookie or third-party web beacon.
Information Collected from Social Media and Third Parties
We may also receive Personal Information about you from third parties, for example, our business partners.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- To evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and Services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, Services, the Site, and any other websites we may have;
- To solicit your feedback through e-mail communications, telephone calls, and/or focus groups;
- To tailor our offerings to your personal interests and the manner in which you interact with us;
- To perform data analyses, including, market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis;
- To comply with legal recommendations, applicable legal requirements, and our policies and practices.
- Other purposes for which we provide notice at the time of collection to the extent required by law or this notice. As permitted by applicable law, we may use usage data for any permissible purpose without notice to you.
- To perform auditing related to a current interaction with you, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- To detect security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- To perform debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our Site.
- To undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration.
How We Share Your Personal Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To trusted third parties and partners, including contractors and service providers we use to support our business to perform functions on our behalf. For example, outsourced EDI (electronic data interchange) representatives may need access to your information to perform Services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize.
- To trusted third parties and partners for marketing purposes. For example, from time to time, we may share Personal Information (such as e-mail or mailing address) about our user base with carefully selected third-parties, so they can offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our users, e.g., shipping partners, credit card processing partners, assembly partners, etc. As required by applicable law, if you do not wish to receive offers from our trusted partners, please opt out by clicking below: Please do not share Personal Information about me with KidKraft’s trusted partners for their direct marketing purposes.
- To comply with any court order, law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process, such as a subpoena (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), including to respond to any government or regulatory request. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process, such as a subpoena (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend KidKraft’s, or a third-party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the Personal Information.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of KidKraft’s business. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your information may be one of the transferred assets. For example, in the event that we are acquired by another company, your information may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your information is collected or used.
- To another party or parties for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provided the Personal Information, or with your consent or authorization.
Countries Where Information May Be Disclosed. To the extent that KidKraft discloses any information to Trusted Third Parties, they will likely be in the United States of America. KidKraft operates in numerous jurisdictions and will disclose as required by law in any jurisdiction where such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or any legal process.
We do not target our Site or Services to children under the age of 16, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any Personal Information we may receive from users we have actual knowledge to be under the age of 16 will be purged from our database.
We have reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information stored in our database. These measures include the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) during administrative access to site data, as well as other proprietary security measures which are applied to all repositories and transfers of information. We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence to the extent permitted by applicable law, we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure. If you have any reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us as detailed below.
Links to or Access from Other Sites
Opt-Out of Our Email Marketing Communications
You may use any of the following options to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and newsletters from us.
- Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the e-mail;
- Send mail to the following postal address letting us know which promotional emails you wish to opt-out of:
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- For any Services that allow you to control which e-mails you receive, go to the email settings page from your account home page, and un-check the undesired promotions.
Online Behavioral Advertising
We may use (through third parties on unaffiliated websites) and authorize third parties to use on our Site and Services, cookies, tags and similar technologies for us and our unaffiliated trusted partners to provide you advertising that may be of interest to you. Please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s or the settings on your device for more information and how to opt-out of certain tracking for such purposes. Please note that even if you opt-out such technology, you may continue to receive advertisements, they just will not be tailored to your interests.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Our Site is not currently configured to honor “Do Not Track” signals from web browsers.
Updating Your Personal Information
KidKraft provides users the following options for accessing, deleting, changing and modifying Personal Information previously submitted. We will try to respond to your request to access Personal Information within 30 days or within the timeframe provided by applicable law.
- For any Services where you have an account page, you may change your credit card (if applicable), e-mail address, password and other information from the account settings or preferences page; or
- You can send email or mail using the contact information listed below, providing us with your account information and letting us know what personally identifiable information you wish to update.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services please contact us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Attn: Customer Service
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Please include the nature of your question or complaint, the country in which you are located, and an email address for contact purposes. KidKraft will review and attempt to provide a response in ten (10) business days after receiving request, or within the timeframe provided by applicable law.