If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedbackform.truste.com/ watchdog/request
KidKraft, Inc. complies with the U.S.–E.U. Safe Harbour framework and the U.S.– Swiss Safe Harbour framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. KidKraft, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbour Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbour programme, and to view KidKraft, Inc.’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
What Information We Collect
The types of information that we collect fall under two general categories: personally identifiable information and usage data. Personally identifiable information consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas usage data consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal your identity. The following sections describe how your personally identifiable information and usage data are collected by us, and how we use such information.
How We Collect Information
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by KidKraft, Inc. and analytics service providers. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregate basis.
• Log Files. Any time you visit any of our websites, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyse trends, administer the Site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of our Site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally.
• Web Beacons. “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalise our website for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in e-mail communications in order to understand the behaviour of our customers. We do not link the web beacons to any personally identifiable information.
• Purchase Information For Dealers. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
• E-mails And Telephone Calls. We require an e-mail address from you when you register for our Services. We use your e-mail for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation, refund and renewal processing) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. E-mail messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional e-mails from us, please see the section below labelled Opt-Out. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the KidKraft goods and Services, such as product recall information, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. We may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us) solely in connection with KidKraft’s Services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may change or delete your number from your account preferences page(s), or ask to be removed from our contact list if you receive a call or text message from us. We fully comply with the requirements of the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
• Demographic Data. Demographic data is also collected at our Site. We use this data to tailor our visitors’ experience at our Site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a nonpersonally identifiable basis.
• Online Survey Data. We may periodically conduct voluntary surveys. We encourage our visitors to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our Site or Services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any personally identifiable information, and all responses are anonymous.
• Public Forums. KidKraft participates in discussion boards, such as blogspot.com. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution, particularly with respect to children, when deciding to disclose any personally identifiable information. Please consult the community guidelines for each discussion board when posting comments on them.
How We May Use Personally Identifiable Information And Usage Data
We may use personally identifiable information about you:
1. for our everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your
customer account, responding to your enquiries, providing products and Services
you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
2. to provide information about our business and offer our products or Services to you and products and services of others that we think you may find of interest;
3. to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programmes, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
4. to enable you to interact with KidKraft and our affiliates through our message boards, blogs and social media;
5. to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and Services and analysing the effectiveness of products, Services and, this Website, and any other websites we may have and soliciting your feedback through e-mail communications, telephone calls, and/or focus groups;
6. to tailor our offerings to your personal interests and the manner in which you interact with us;
7. to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis; and
8. to comply with legal recommendations, applicable legal requirements and our policies and practices. We may also use personally identifiable information in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of collection to the extent required by law or this notice. We may use usage data (which does not include personally identifiable Information) for any legally permissible purpose and without notice to you.
Disclosure Of Your Information To Third Parties
• Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, at our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process, such as a subpoena (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend KidKraft’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
• Disclosure To Trusted Third Parties By Us. We may share your non-personally identifiable information with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. We may share your personally identifiable information, sometimes in conjunction with your non-personally identifiable information, with service providers that may be associated with us to perform functions on our behalf. For example, outsourced EDI (electronic data interchange) representatives may need access to your information to perform Services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorise. In addition, from time to time, we may share personally identifiable information (such as e-mail or mailing address) about our user base with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our users. If you do not wish to receive offers from our trusted partners, you can change your e-mail preferences at any time by following the steps outlined in the Opt-Out section below.
• Information Transferred As A Result Of Sale Of Business. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your personally identifiable information may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your personally identifiable information may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your personally identifiable information is collected or used.
• Countries Where Personal Information May Be Disclosed. To the extent that KidKraft discloses any information to trusted third parties, they will likely be in the United States of America. KidKraft operates in numerous jurisdictions and will disclose as required by law in any jurisdiction where such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or any legal process.
We do not target our Services to children under the age of 13, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database.
We have extensive security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information stored in our database. These measures include the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) during administrative access to Site data, as well as other proprietary security measures which are applied to all repositories and transfers of user information. We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Links To Or Access From Other Sites
You may use the following options for removing your information from our e-mail
database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and newsletters.
1. Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the e-mail;
2. Write to us at the following postal address letting us know which promotional emails you wish to opt-out of: KidKraft, Inc., 4630 Olin Road Dallas, Texas 75244
3. For any services that allow you to control which e-mails you receive, go to the email settings page from your account home page, and un-check the undesired promotions.
Updating Your Information
KidKraft provides users the following options for accessing, deleting, changing and modifying information previously submitted. We will respond to your request to access personally identifiable information within 30 days.
1. For any Services where you have an account page, you may change your credit
card (if applicable), e-mail address, password and other information from the
account settings or preferences page; or
2. You can write to us at the postal address listed above, providing us with your account information and letting us know which information you wish to update.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services please contact us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Contacting the Website
KidKraft, Inc. Attn: Website Administrator, 4630 Olin Road Dallas, Texas 75244 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the nature of your question or complaint, the country in which you are located, and an e-mail address for contact purposes. KidKraft will review and provide a response within ten (10) business days of receipt.